Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Davey 9 months old









Yesterday Davey turned 9 months! It was a little sad for me. It made me realize how quickly my baby boy is growing and becoming more independent. Doug has been getting after me because Davey has pretty much outgrown his rear facing car seat, but I refused to put him in a front facing one until he was 9 months, and so as of yesterday he is now in a front facing car seat and he looks so much older, like a big boy :(!!! Although there are some perks to him growing up! Independence can be a good thing. He can entertain himself a little more now! He eats crackers and other finger foods by himself.

Last month I thought he hated solid food altogether, but now I know that he just hates baby food. I am pretty sure he hates the consistency of it. Anything I give him from my plate he has no problem eating. He likes to be able to chew it. He has been doing the army crawl the last little while but now he is starting to get on all fours, so I am pretty sure in the next few days he will start to crawl with his stomach off the floor. He is still such a happy baby, so easy going! This last month we played lots with his toys, went to the park a few times, went on some walks, went swimming and went to story time at the library as well. He also loves sitting in the shopping cart, while we go grocery shopping. The first time I put him in it, I buckled him in and gave him a cracker. He ended up putting his legs up on the handle as if he was laying back very comfortable and munched on his cracker just taking in the scenery. It was the cutest thing ever. A new thing that he likes to do is play the keyboard. I roll his highchair up to it and strap him in and he goes crazy hitting the keys and babbles to the sound. It is pretty funny to watch.

Davey is currently at 23 lbs and 6.5 oz and 30.25 inches long and he is in the 99th percentile.

This evening reminded me that there are truly angels that watch over us, I know Davey has one watching over him. As I was making dinner I had so many things cooking at once. I was attending to the griddle on the counter and had some oil in the frying pan heating up. And Davey was below on the floor playing. In the meantime Doug smelled something burning, which was the oil. He grabbed the frying pan off of the stove, thinking he was helping me but not realizing that there was oil in it. As he grabbed it all of the hot boiling oil flew forward with the movement and fell to the floor splattering all over the ground below just missing little Davey by an inch. I honestly don't know how he wasn't hit with the oil, not even a speck. It was truly a miracle for our little family.

1 comment: