Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Seattle Trip








The long awaited trip to Seattle finally came and went. Celia and Devan tied the knot in the Seattle Temple almost two weeks ago. The one thing I hate about being on the east coast is the time it takes to travel back out west. From the time we left our house until we got to Seattle it had been about 12 hours. Luckily Davey is a great little traveler and did awesome! He slept most of the time and was pretty happy and content on my lap. I guess as long as he isn't strapped in a car seat he is good to go!

We stayed with Diana the first few days and Davey absolutely loved it because there were other little ones running around. His personality is coming out more and more and I can already tell he is a social little thing. He loves other kids, as long as his cousins paid attention to him, he really didn't need me. Which was a good thing since Doug and I made the wedding cake. It took us about two days to bake and decorate. Doug impressed me with his skills, and he is turning into quite the baker. The hardest part of the cake was transporting it in the car for about 2 hours.

One funny thing that happened is when my mom and Celia were baking all the wedding cupcakes. They had them cooling in a long plastic bin, well Davey found them and somehow grabbed one and started eating it. No one noticed until he had it all over himself and the ground. He for sure has his mom's sweet tooth! I love that little guy so much!

The trip was such a good one, but went by way too fast. We got to see all my siblings, which was so nice! This was the first time we were all together since my Dad had passed over 3 years ago! I know he was watching down from heaven on such an important day in his daughters life. Celia was such a beautiful bride and the wedding turned out perfectly! Although, it is still strange to think of her as married! Congratulations to Celia and Devan!!! My hope now is that Devan will be able to handle her :)

On our way back from Seattle we had a 5 hour layover in Houston. We were able to check on the house and have dinner with some of our Houston friends! It was a great day, but it did make me feel a little homesick for Houston. It was hard seeing our house and friends and leaving again, although slowly but surely North Carolina is starting to feel a little bit like home.

2 comments:

  1. Your cake is amazing! I think you should take up cake decorating full time. It was great to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was fun to do, but I don't think it would be fun all the time. It was so fun seeing you guys! Thanks again for picking us up and for dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete