Sunday, August 28, 2011

Celebrating in Asheville










Doug and I just had our 7th wedding anniversary this last Sunday! I can't believe that it has been seven years since we tied the knot. Each year we take turns planning the anniversary, and this year it was Doug's turn to plan it. I came home from Utah on Thursday night and we packed up early Friday morning and hit the road for Asheville, NC to celebrate. Asheville is breathtaking. It reminds me of the west. Mountains and more mountains. After being in Houston this was a very exciting thing to see so close to our new home. I think we really needed a week or so to explore all that Asheville has to offer. We walked around downtown and had a nice dinner on Friday. On Saturday we hiked Chimney Rock at the Chimney Rock State Park. David did so well on the hike and the dogs loved it. I think they finally feel at home too. One thing I learned is that North Carolina has tons of apple farms in that area of the state, so there were lots of cute road side stands full of yummy things to eat, so we got our fill of treats too! We had a nice weekend together and I can't wait for next year, I already have something in mind, so we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment