Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Time

We had a lovely Christmas this year! Doug, Davey, and I just stuck around town, which was sort of nice because traveling with Davey is not my favorite thing to do right now. Plus we got to start a few of our own traditions this year. But of course we did miss our family. Both Thanksgiving and Christmas made me a little homesick, but luckily I'll be able to see all my family very soon. We made a ham and fondue for Christmas Eve dinner, which was mighty delicious and then we went and looked at Christmas lights to try and calm Davey down. Davey was sick this last week, he had his first fever, which for a new mom is a very big deal. It wasn't very high, but still worried me. Luckily the fever broke on Friday, then on Christmas Eve he broke out with a rash and was cranky until the day after Christmas. I am so glad we have our Davey back.

On Christmas morning we went to church then came home and ate breakfast, then we opened gifts. We spent Christmas dinner with the Holley's and Snow's which was lots of fun. Then we came home and crashed Christmas night. And now today I am taking down all of my decorations. It feels like it went by way too fast! Sometimes I wish I could boycott the end of Christmas, but then again getting ready for the New Year and anticipating whats to come can be just as exciting. Well I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that you enjoy this New Year to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment